Went to continental Europe
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't tend to make them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
kinkysmart and his wife Lisa
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
US, Italy, Austria, Germany
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My husband at home
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day the hubby got home
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Made some progress in the job, renovated the kitchen, stuff like that.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not much, things were pretty good
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness, but who knows what the hell that is
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A fancy new jacket, at 75% off
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Obama. Good on him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All Canadian politicians, and the American Republicans.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House, renos, paying off the remaining debt.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trip to Europe was freakin amazing! The Pantheon is definitely one of the things to see before you die.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't listen to popular music, although I learned Britten's War requiem last year, so that's new.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
The same, mostly, ups and downs all the time.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
About the same.
iii. richer or poorer?
Same for cash, but have renos, which will pay dividends when we sell the house, and less debt than last year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying about stupid shit.
20. How did you spend Christmas 2008?
Doing very little - needed some low stress time to recharge the battery.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Have become obsessed with House - he's snarky and assholish, and that really appeals to me.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Life's too fucking short. Karma will fuck them up, so why bother with hatred.
26. What was the best book you read?
The God Delusion
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A trip to Europe
29. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars and a pool boy
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
29, was mostly alone and crying
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Millions of dollars?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Classy, elegant, simple
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gerard Butler *drool*
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama and his message of hope
37. Who did you miss?
Carly - come back from England already!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A co-worker, makes me laugh!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Life's too fucking short for people that suck.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don't know any. I agree with the assessment that this quiz was written by an emo teen. Who actually thinks that their life is based on song lyrics?!